13.4.09

Dedicated To Liberty And Love, Pt. 2


John Stuart Mill to Harriet Taylor Mill
-
March 20, 1854 -

I am but fit to be one wheel in an engine, not to be the self moving engine itself - a real majestic intellect, not to say moral nature like yours, I can only look up and admire.

I shall never be satisfied unless you allow our best book, the book which is to come, to have our two names on the title page. It ought to be so with everything I publish, for the better half of it all is yours, but the book which will contain our best thoughts, if it has only one name to it, that should be yours.

2 comments:

  1. You should go...

    http://www.musee-marine.fr/site/fr/EXHIBITION-UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on thesubject. Actually excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort. dmca ignore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails